Established in 1975, the Chinese Historical Society of Southern California (CHSSC) unites people with a mutual interest in promoting the rich heritage of Chinese and Chinese American history. Our mission is to pursue, preserve and communicate the history and historical role of Chinese and Chinese Americans in Southern California.
What We Do
- Conduct monthly meetings public presentations on Chinese American History.
- Sponsor and participate in symposiums, exhibits and conferences.
- Conduct Chinatown walking tours for students and public.
- Lead the annual Lunar New Year Golden Dragon Parade
Research and Publication
- Publication of multiple books by renown scholars
- The Gum Saan Journal is the Society’s annual publication
- Maintain a library with thousands of topics related to Chinese American topics
- Maintain an archive consisting of oral histories, archaeological collections, photographs and family histories.
Join us at one of our membership levels today to support CHSSC.
Chinese Historical Society
of Southern California
411 Bernard Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Tax ID: 95-3155357