Portraits of Pride II
Chinese American Legacies - First 160 Years in America
Project Director: L.P. Leung
Portraits of Pride responds to the need for a source
emphasizing pride in the accomplishments of Chinese Americans.
The Portraits of Pride series’ mission and purpose is:
1. To fill the “Missing in History” gap left by Chinese Americans;
2. To deepen and increase awareness of the positive contributions of Chinese Americans;
3. To identify role models for our younger generation
4. To broaden and extend the Portraits of Pride “Free library Book Program”; and
5. To support and mentor succeeding generations of Chinese American historian.